Rich purple, healthy, and delicious!
Related Topics: Smoothies Primer
Anyone who has taken elementary school art knows that red and blue make purple. For this smoothie, a rich purple colour was the goal so I started with blueberries and sweet cherries. The flavour wasn’t quite there so I added some mango. That did the trick. I maintained the colour I needed for the theme in my school snack program, but also got a better flavour.
Servings: 1 250 mL
- 1/4 cup mango, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup sweet dark cherries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water or ice
- Put everything in your blender & blend until smooth. To make blending easier, you can thaw frozen ingredients before blending. You may need to add more water to adjust the consistency.
Cherries image by Pleshko74 | Dreamstime